Help with a Federal Agency

As your Congresswoman, representing the 12th district of New York, I am always happy to help constituents who are having difficulties with any Federal or state government agencies.  Do you have a pending application that is taking too long to process?  Are you having difficulty reaching a human being at a government agency? Or do you simply have a complaint that has not received appropriate attention?  I can help ensure that your concerns receive a response. I regularly work with the Social Security Administration, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Passport Agency, the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Education student loans and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, among others. While I cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, I will do my best to help you receive a fair and timely determination.

Most federal agencies will require a written statement and Privacy Act Release signed by you before they will respond to an inquiry from me.  Please fill out the release form that is available below, explaining your concerns. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number and email, as well as all relevant case numbers, ‘A’ numbers, Social Security numbers, VA claim numbers or other identifying information that relate to your inquiry. 

If this is an immigration case, please tell me what immigration form you filed, what benefit you hope to receive, when you filed, your priority date and any other information you think would help me understand your application. 

If this relates to a non-immigrant visa, please make sure to specify social, familial and economic ties to the home country and whether the applicant has traveled abroad in the past.  The agency wants to know what circumstances compel the applicant to return home.

Simply click on the link below and fill out the necessary information. You can also print out the form, sign it and mail it to me at my Manhattan district office.  If you are not able to print out a release form, my staff will mail one to you. You can reach my caseworkers at 212-860-0606.

Printable Release Form (PDF - 92KB)

Once your inquiry is received, you will receive a letter advising you which member of my staff has been assigned to work on your case.  You will also receive a copy of any correspondence that is sent on your behalf, as well as any responses I receive from the agency. In addition, you can always call my district offices to express your concerns to a member of my staff.