Rep. Maloney Announces Funding for New York Head Start Programs
WASHINGTON, DC — Today, Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) announced $11 million in federal funding for New York City Head Start programs located in her district, NY-12, as part of the American Rescue Plan.
“This investment will help New York Head Start programs continue preparing kids for success, and help parents get back to work and grow our economy knowing their kids are safe and cared for,” said Rep. Maloney.
NY-12 and overlapping congressional district Head Start programs receiving funding include:
- Bank Street College of Education: $81,362
- Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, Inc.: $168,707
- Association to Benefit Children: $399,631
- B’Above Worldwide Institute Inc.: $212,977
- Catholic Charities Neighborhood Services, Inc.: $1,754,069
- New York City Department of Education: $7,042,599
- Northside Center for Child Development: $410,400
- Police Athletic League, Inc.: $680,809
- The Child Center of NY: $235,711
- University Settlement Society of New York: $419,972
The funding for Head Start comes in addition to $1,826,160,170 Congresswoman Maloney secured to help New York reopen childcare providers safely, keep workers on payroll, and lower costs for hardworking families.