Maloney Announces NY Veterans to Receive $1,400 Payments from American Rescue Plan Beginning Today
WASHINGTON, DC – Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) announced that many New Yorkers who receive veterans’ benefits can expect their Economic Impact Payments of up to $1,400 to hit their bank accounts via election payments beginning today. More than 11 million New Yorkers are eligible for this payment, including 838,000 veterans, as part of the American Rescue Plan that Congresswoman Maloney helped pass.
“Help is finally here for New York’s veterans, and I want to ensure everyone eligible receives the money provided by the America Rescue Plan that is rightfully theirs,” said Rep. Maloney. “I encourage all New York veterans to follow the necessary steps to ensure they receive this much needed assistance. If you or a loved one is a veteran who qualifies for this payment and is having difficulty receiving it, please reach out to my office for help.”
- The latest round of payments applies specifically to veterans and their beneficiaries who receive Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefit payments and who don’t normally file a tax return.
- Most payments will be automatically deposited into bank accounts or loaded onto the Direct Express cards where veterans receive their benefits. Those waiting on paper checks or debit cards through the mail should expect to receive their payments over the next several days.
- In most cases, these payments are automatic, and no action is necessary to receive them.
- How to Check the Status of your Payment: Veterans, and all eligible New Yorkers, can go online to check the status of their payment using the “Get My Payment” tool at: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
- How Many New Yorkers Will Get Payments: According to the White House, more than 11,344,500 adults and 4,403,300 children in New York are eligible to receive payments of up to $1,400 per person through the American Rescue Plan. That means 82% percent of all New York adults and children are set to receive payments.
- Who is Eligible for Payments: The American Rescue Plan included Economic Impact Payments of up to $1,400 per person. Combined with the $600 down payments enacted in December, these additional checks will finish the job on Democrats’ promise to put $2,000 in Americans’ pockets. Individuals earning up to $75,000 annually, heads of household earning up to $112,500 annually, and couples earning up to $150,000 annually will receive the full $1,400 per person, for themselves and their dependents. After that, the checks begin to phase out, with payments stopping at individuals earning $80,000 in annual income, heads of household earning $120,000 in annual income and married couples earning $160,000 in annual income.